It is kind of crazy to think that the last time I posted here was back before The Pandemic, but here we are. I have never really gotten the hang of using a blog properly, especially with Twitter available for sporadic and short updates. A lot of stuff has happened in the last two years, but nothing that I really feel like talking about in detail. A quick rundown:
- I graduated and got my bachelor’s degree in physics. I still don’t understand quantum mechanics.
- I started law school. This was probably inevitable.
- After almost a full year of not publishing or posting anything, I posted a LOT of stuff to the SCP wiki in a handful of months.
- Finally finished the Quid Pro Quo duology after three years by posting Circumstances. Then followed it up a couple months later with another complete Unusual Investigations duology, The Eagle’s Eye and The Falcon’s Flight.
- Posted articles about the Pope; the FBI’s paranormal supermax prison; New Atlantis, Arizona; a time travel murder mystery where every participant is the same person; a sequel to Maximum League Baseball; and a US Army half-gorgon in Afghanistan.
- Participated in the 2022 Department Contest with TyGently and ch00bakka, as the Ruiz Duchamp Memorial Contest Team Memorial Contest Team. Our series, The Damocles Initiative, is a science fantasy space adventure that features a starship powered by cake and a black hole, which is commanded by a pair of lesbians and an old submarine captain. We took third place.
- Pushed out a major update of the Third Law Hub. It’s a lot easier to navigate now.
- I have been working on Newshound, slowly but steadily. It has taken a lot longer than I would have liked, but the manuscript is up to 80,000 words now and I have about one-and-a-half chapters left to write. I’m hoping to secure an agent and start shopping it around to publishers sometime within the next year. Fingers crossed.
- I have worked on and abandoned a bunch of different short stories, and finished one which I’m not happy with and will probably end up revising before I try submitting it to anybody. Even though the bulk of my work on the SCP Wiki is basically short stories, I have a really hard time writing them outside the Wiki for some reason.
Anyways, that’s the big picture bullet points. Obviously, other stuff has happened in the last two years, but nothing that warrants going into this update. I might make more detailed posts in the future about things like the road trip I took with my dad. Or I might not.
I really would like to get into the habit of making more frequent updates here, but I’m not going to make any promises.